Super Simple CRISPY Chicken Wings [AIP, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free]
This post contains affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here.
Simple AIP chicken wings that only require 2 ingredients! Paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free… and oh, did I mention CRISPY?
Strap in y’all and prepare for a mouth full of serious crunch.
Oh, what’s that?
You don’t believe me? Well check out the picture below for real-life photographic evidence!
These wings don’t require a 5 page discourse explaining their excellence. They just are.
- 3 ingredients + 1 oven + 1 (or 2) baking racks = Mouthwatering, golden-brown, super crispy chicken wings.
Little bonus nugget for ya too… if you are like Anna and require sauce on literally everything you eat, regardless of the level of tastiness, these are prime targets. Don’t get me wrong, they can stand on their own no problem. But they also pair well with barbecue sauce, hot sauce, honey-mustard… whatever your heart desires!
Simple Crispy Chicken Wings
- 3 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sea Salt* See Notes
- 12 Large Chicken Wings
Preheat oven to 400⁰ F.
Wipe off any liquid from the chicken wings by patting dry using a towel or paper towel.
Once dry, place the wings in a large bowl. Add the avocado oil to the bowl and evenly coat all of the wings. Make sure to get your hands involved to ensure each wing is coated with oil so they cook to perfection.
Place a baking rack on a rimmed baking sheet (this is to keep the wings off of the baking sheet and allow the bottoms to cook). Distribute the chicken wings onto the rack. Try your best to keep the wings from touching each other, if possible.
Once the wings have been placed on the baking sheet, sprinkle the salt over the top of the wings evenly. The heavy salt is what makes the wings super crispy and makes the skin taste amazing!
Set the wings in the preheated oven for 1 hour undisturbed, so they can do their thang.
Once the hour elapses, remove the wings, let cool, and eat ’em up!
- *We recommend using a sea salt that has other trace minerals and is not highly processed. If you want to try our favorite brands, we use Redmond Real Salt and Celtic Sea Salt.
- The wings won’t get as crispy if they are too close together, but sometimes you can cook them longer to get them to crisp up if you are constrained by the size of your baking sheet. If you have to cook them longer, try 5 minutes at a time until the exterior gets browned, but don’t do more than 15 extra minutes or they will dry out!
- Don’t like to waste? Use the bones from the wings to make homemade bone broth!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT AND SAVE IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Hey there! I’m Frank, co-founder of Healthy Habits Reset. My wife, Anna, and I have battled our respective autoimmune diseases for over a decade. We have fumbled through and eventually learned that REAL mental and physical healing requires you to be your own advocate, to think for yourself, and to determine what information works for YOU.
We created this blog to teach everyone how to use the resources and tools available to make the best personal decision surrounding any health, faith, and lifestyle choice.